Thyssing Industrial Supplies is the Australian distributor for Glacier Garlock Bearings GGB Bearings.
liminating lubricants can improve machine performance as many greased and oiled bearings fail prematurely due to inadequate lubrication.
Reasons for inadequate lubrication may include:
- Lack of regular maintenance
- Use of incorrect lubricant or topping up with an incompatible lubricant
- Use of greases or oils with inadequate viscosity, allowing metal-to-metal contact between the shaft and the bearing, and resulting in premature wear
LUBRICATION SYSTEMS ALSO ADD COSTS BY:
- Machining of grease paths or oil ways in the shaft or housing
- Purchase of lubricants
- Reduced operating efficiency due to machine downtime during maintenance periods
- Additional sealing to retain the lubricant
- Recycling of the machine
Other disadvantages include:
- Reduced energy efficiency from contact between the lubricant seals and shaft
- Risk of environmental pollution from re-greasing or oil changes in the field
GGB high performance dry bearings are capable of operating without grease or oil due to low friction fillers in the sliding layer. With a wear resistant sliding layer and a robust, high strength structure, GAR-MAX® and GGB-CBM® bimetal bearings offer high load, low and high temperature resistance and long service lives. PTFE inserts in GGB-DB™ cast bronze bearings are used for low wear and friction, graphite inserts are available for temperatures exceeding 250°C. Our thin-walled DP4® low-friction bushings offer over a wider range of loads and speeds exceptional performance.